Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Young Adult Books

I am finding that when I am incredibly busy, I need shorter, simpler books to read.  Sometimes I don't have the time to read for days, so I need a book that I can put down then pick up and not have to refresh my memory on the story line.  Middle age memory loss has set in.  I just recently finished a book about mountain  climbing which was ok.  It was called "A Mighty Wall".

One of my favorite Young Adult books is "Norh of Beautiful".  It is about a teenage girl who has a port wine birthmark on her face and how it has affected her life and relationships.  It is about teens accepting themselves for who they are.  I gave this book to my teen daughter to read mainly because she was becoming so obsessed with beauty and her looks.  However.....she also stutters.  She loved the book and it really did help her to come to terms with her stuttering.  In her last two years of high school, she has taken a turn for the better and accepted herself for who she is.  She even tried out for the school musical and was thrilled to get a part in the chorus!  She has blossomed so much this year, and I can't wait to see her grow even more as she enters college.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya :O) followed you from Bonanza link...
    http://breezers-at-bonanza.blogspot.com/

    http://justthatsideofcrazy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete